- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or current residents of the United States.
- Currently enrolled in colleges, universities, or are high school seniors.
- Participants must have a dog or grew up with a dog.
Submission Requirements & How to Apply
- Write a comprehensive essay on one of the following topics:
1. What has owning a dog taught you about responsibility?
2. How has your dog(s) positively impacted your life?
- The essay must be unique and original, and must not have been previously published on the web.
- The essay must be 800-1000 words long.
- Submissions must be uploaded in either a Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected.
- All entries must be entered through the official PeanutPaws Scholarship submission form. No paper or hard copy submissions will be accepted.
Deadline & Award
- Submission deadline is January 31st, 2017.
- The applicant of the winning essay will receive a one-time scholarship of $500.
- All entries will be reviewed after the January 31st, 2017 deadline. Upon review, the winning entry will be selected by PeanutPaws staff.
- The scholarship will be paid out in check on February 20th, 2017.
Official Rules & Additional Information
- One entry per applicant.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, writing quality, style, and how persuasively the applicant presents his or her point of view. For example, check these best puppy food, best bark collars and best dog food for pitbulls.
- PeanutPaws reserves the exclusive rights to publish content from the submissions themselves.
- PeanutPaws will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wishes to join the program.
- Current PeanutPaws employees or the immediate family of current PeanutPaws employees are not eligible for entry.
- Personal information and creative entries submitted will be used solely for the use of awarding the scholarship and will not be used for any other function by PeanutPaws.
Scholarship Submission Form