- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or current residents of the United States.
- Currently enrolled in colleges, universities, or are high school seniors.
- Participants must have a dog or grew up with a dog.
Submission Requirements & How to Apply
- Write a comprehensive essay on one of the following topics:
1. What has owning a dog taught you about responsibility?
2. How has your dog(s) positively impacted your life?
- The essay must be unique and original, and must not have been previously published on the web.
- The essay must be 800-1000 words long.
- Submissions must be uploaded in either a Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Non-English submissions will automatically be rejected.
- All entries must be entered through the official PeanutPaws Scholarship submission form. No paper or hard copy submissions will be accepted.
Deadline & Award
- Submission deadline is January 31st, 2017.
- The applicant of the winning essay will receive a one-time scholarship of $500.
- All entries will be reviewed after the January 31st, 2017 deadline. Upon review, the winning entry will be selected by PeanutPaws staff.
- The scholarship will be paid out in check on February 20th, 2017.
Official Rules & Additional Information
- One entry per applicant.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, writing quality, style, and how persuasively the applicant presents his or her point of view.
- PeanutPaws reserves the exclusive rights to publish content from the submissions themselves.
- PeanutPaws will not charge or ask for any fees from any student who wishes to join the program.
- Current PeanutPaws employees or the immediate family of current PeanutPaws employees are not eligible for entry.
- Personal information and creative entries submitted will be used solely for the use of awarding the scholarship and will not be used for any other function by PeanutPaws.